1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Stone_Hawkeye's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Stone_Hawkeye, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stone_Hawkeye

Stone_Hawkeye Active Meeper

In Game Name: Stone_Hawkeye
    Skype Username: I have Skype, but I am not going to give away my username unless accepted for interview or asked for it by a staff member
    Teamspeak Username: Stone_Hawkeye
    Mic Use: I have a mic and use it a lot
    Timezone: Central
    Hours online per weekday: 2-4
    Hours online per weekend: 4-12
    Position Changes: Elite to Helper

Introduction:
    Hello everyone! Some of you may know me and some of you may not. I am Stone_Hawkeye also known as Mr. Pebble! I joined Meepcraft in June of 2012, so I have been playing Meepcraft for almost a year and a half. I love to play sports, my favorites are Cross Country, Hockey, and Track! I am applying for Helper because I love to help other people when they have questions or problems. Also I think I am ready to join the Meepcraft team!

Why I should be Helper?
    I think I would make a great Helper for the following reasons. I have been playing Meepcraft for about a year and a half, so I am very familiar with all of the rules and commands. I am very active on forums and in-game I am online for at least two hours a day. (depends on sports and homework) I have owned a couple of towns in the past and I am an assistant in the town of Zephyr so I am used to getting asked a lot of questions about the Meepcraft rules and commands. I am very mature for my age. I am a strait A-B student that gets all of my assignments done on time, I do a lot of extra academic activities, and a lot of people in school ask me if I can help them with their assignments, I am always very happy to help them out.

Weaknesses:
    I am not well known so I am trying to /shout more and am trying to be on forums as much as possible. At times I will not be on for a day or two due to sports or family. At times I can be very stubborn but that's because I am following my gut and doing what I think whats right even though it might not be.

Conclusion:
    All in all I think I would make a great Helper! I know I have some weaknesses that I need to work on but we all are humans and we all make mistakes. It would be an honor if I could become part of the Meepcraft team! So when you see me in-game or on the forums don't be afraid to ask me questions because I am always willing to help out. Thanks for taking the time to read my staff application, I hope you like it! (Sorry if its a little short)

-Stone_Hawkeye (Mr. Pebble)

FluffbearRCT likes this.
  2. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

Hello, Stone_Hawkeye
    +0

1. I dont see you online as much as you say, We're in the same time zone only saw you about 3 times. so far
    2. Don't see you helping in /shout that much
    3. My question "What would you bring to the table as a Staff member?"

3. Stone_Hawkeye

Yes I am working on becoming more well-known
    I do help in /shout a lot, usually in the mornings before school and after school
    What would I bring to the table? I would try to help get modreqs done faster because sometimes it takes a minute to a couple of hours to get a staff member to answer a modreq. I also would be helping a lot of people in the Towny world because that's what I specialize in. Thanks for the info though!

4. Candy_Master

Candy_Master The Canadian Candy

+1
    I have known Stone_Hawkeye for almost all those days he has been playing.
    He has extremely helpful as long I have known him, always there ready to help.
    He has been getting on the server for 3+ house a day.
    I agree he needs to shout a bit more, but he is trying to get into.

Other than that I think he should have a chance at helper!
    Like I said +1

5. Stone_Hawkeye

Thanks Candy!

6. joe123l

joe123l Popular Meeper

even though that doesn't effect the staffs decision i don't see you helping so much nor do i see you online. if those improve i think you would make a great mod

7. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

-1. I have never seen you in game. I hardly see you on the forums. But, good luck!

8. osymigosy

osymigosy Popular Meeper

Before I start this will be the beginning of my not lame posts!
    Application:
    The application was not bad, it was lacking length but that's minor. I didn't see any obvious grammatical errors.
    In-game activity:
    Ok, one question, when you say you are very active In-game just how much "playing" time does that pertain to? My time zone is only about 2 hours different, yet I have never seen you in-game. I too have been here since '12 (january). I'm just curios why we haven't met. You may also play at different times of the day? Oops I'm rambling, back to the subject, my other "in-game" related ramble is your TeamSpeak activity. Do you use it very often? Never seen you there either; and in on there a lot!
    With that said I recommend you work on your weaknesses, keep in mind I'm just one out of a lot of players in the community.
    (For now)

Good luck!

9. Stone_Hawkeye

Ok Thanks I am trying really hard to become better known. My last staff application was denied because I had to work on becoming better "known" . I'm sorry we have never meet but I will change that. Cya in-game!

10. Treehugger_Bill

Treehugger_Bill Popular Meeper

I don't see you helping in /shout.

11. Stone_Hawkeye

We may be in different timezones

12. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

+0 i have seen you online, but i almost never see you helping in shout. I think you could make an ok staff member if you work on some things, like shouting more,<--- i have no room to talk there i barely shout too.

13. Flamedemond

Flamedemond Celebrity Meeper

1. You are not as active as you say.

2. You don't ever shout

3. You don't ever help (as far as I've seen)

4. You're replying to what people said. That makes you look desperate to have staff. Don't do it basically.

More explanation? Okay.

Application

The application was rather short but it wasn't written badly. No grammatical errors that I saw. Warrants a -/+0

Forum activity

I haven't exactly seen you on forums much. Knowing the forums isalmost mandatory as you need to know the rules -EXACT - and you also need to interact with the community. Warrants a -1

Activity

As others have said above, they have never seen you online and neither have I. I think you lied about hours online because I have never seen you online. All in all, you are not active and that is absolutely mandatory. You also never help if you ever are online. This warrants a -1

14. Stone_Hawkeye

Others may not have seen me online but I am online a lot. I only /shout when other people need help other wise I am working on my town that I am assistant of. I am not much of a shouter (thats why its in my weaknesses) but I do love to help people

BooBear1227 likes this.
  15. Flamedemond

Flamedemond Celebrity Meeper

Mylucky7 likes this.
  16. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

You know what I hate?

"-1 you don't help"

Well, you don't say?

It isn't his/her job to help yet and the current staff should cover that. I don't see how spamming "do /warp wild to get resources" qualifies someone for helper/mod.

+1, well written, good forum activity, will go on TS or skype if needed.

Oh, he is replying to all the posts... definitely a sign he will be a terrible helper, lol.

BooBear1227 and Flamedemond like this.
  17. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Jesus christ im gonna have an epilectic seizure.
    As for you young man, I'm going to have to say -1
    I dont really see you in game much and when you are in game you dont necessarily help, yes Mr.Kazarkas you have to show that you want to HELP to be a HELPER.
    You can work on you're forums activity and you can actually go onto teamspeak.

18. Stone_Hawkeye

Ok thanks

19. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

He wants to help so he made a helper application so he could effectively help the community, not spam the chat box.

If someone asks for help in /shout and you answer I see that as helping. I do not find spamming the chat box with basic commands found in the tutorial without anyone's request helpful. Besides, before I was a moderator I never spammed "do /warp ctf to play capture the flag" and I think I did an alright job. I never showed a willingness to help in game prior to my application, my application alone demonstrated that I was willing to help. I and many others before me have not spammed the chat box with such basic commands and turned out to be great staff members.

Competence and temperament are the most important aspect of being a great staff member. There have been plenty of players that showed the willingness to help described by yourself and they turned out to be complete failures simply because they just didn't get it.

20. Stone_Hawkeye

Yes I know what you mean and I agree with you. Thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.