1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Toasteds' Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Toasteds, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Toasteds

Toasteds Popular Meeper

In Game Name: Toasteds
    Skype Username: Toasteds4
    Teamspeak Username: Toasteds
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: EST
    Hours online per weekday: 2 to 6
    Hours online per weekend: 5 to 10
    Position Changes: Supreme - Helper

Introduction:
    Hello, some of you may know me from my past times of being a moderator and some of you may not. My name is Toasteds, or Tim. I joined Meepcraft back in November 2012. I have just reached my one year anniversary of being on meepcraft. I am applying to be a helper because I like assisting people and the job would keep me entertained. I have a lot of experience being a moderator and I know most of the commands still. As most of you know, I took a 4 month long break so I will need a little refresher.

Why Should I be a Helper?:
    I should be a helper because of my experience, activity, and knowledge. I do have a few weaknesses though.
    Experience: All of my experience comes from meepcraft because this has been the first and only server that I have been involved with constantly. Once again, I have been here for a year and know most or all of the commands. I also have past experience with being a trial-mod twice and a moderator twice so I know all of the rules that need to be enforced.
    Activity: Before my 4 month long break, I was online playing and helping people for at least 2 hours a day. While I was a moderator, I would do modreqs constantly. After the long break, I have continued the same schedule on meepcraft.
    Knowledge: My past experience helps with my knowledge because I learned from all of the bad experiences which means I won’t make as much mistakes as I did the first or second time being a moderator. I also know how good and bad the community can be when they need help so I won’t be surprised when a citizen does something.

Weaknesses:
    I have had many weaknesses but only two interacts with my in-game experiences. The two thing are being patient and getting angry. Sometimes I am in a hurry in-game and don’t want to wait for someone to give me information. For the angry weakness, I am doing a good job keeping that under control. One weakness that doesn’t affect my in-game experience is talking to people that I’m not comfortable with.

Conclusion:
    To wrap things up...I have had a lot of experience with being a moderator and my experience has helped to increase my knowledge about the game. I am very active and I have very few weaknesses that affect my in-game experience.

PS:
    If I make it to the interview part of the application, I prefer doing a text interview because I do not talk to anyone that I am not comfortable with. If I can’t get a text interview, I won’t be able to complete this application.

2. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

-1;
    • You just came back from a long break. You need to take some time to get accustomed to the new changes/rules that have been implemented. You also need to become more active with the current community.
    • Your forums activity needs improvement; make more helpful posts, become informed with what's currently going on in the community.
    • Mic use/PS: You need to use the mic when necessary; the interview is done verbally.
    • The reasons you provided were weak in the way they were all based on things that no longer count/outdated. What I mean is:
      • Regarding the activity section, you should be active currently. Not then. It was great you were active then but you've barely been active now as you just came back. And remember, activity is a requirement.
      • Knowledge/Experience: Things have changed from then, I would have expected something along the lines of "I knew the rules well then, and I have become very familiar with the current rules." Four months is a long time, and just within the few months I've been on the server, things have changed so much from when I first joined. So I know things have changed a lot.
    • Other than that you didn't actually give us anymore reasons, this was just so vague and I've not seen you help in-game much either.

Flamedemond and Toasteds like this.
  3. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

/kill _Lizzer.

Overqualified.

+1

qawsedrf1835, Grandblue and Toasteds like this.
  4. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

*You had a four month long break, and stuff changes a lot in MeepCraft. I know from experience that rules have changed.
    *Your forum activity could use some help.
    *You said you just got back from your break, I think you need more time to familiarize your self with new players and staff.

5. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

hmmm +0.75, you are active IG now and you are definitely qualified, but forum activity is bad

Videogames321, Tagswag33 and Toasteds like this.
  6. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To add to this, you advertised your application in /shout -.-.

Toasteds likes this.
  7. Toasteds

Toasteds Popular Meeper

I've never done that. I've only talked about my application when someone asked me if I was going to apply. About 10 people asked me that question in a couple days. Maybe you saw me answer that question in shout. I don't know.

Nager2012 likes this.
  8. Treehugger_Bill

Treehugger_Bill Popular Meeper

+1
    He did well when he was previously on the staff.

Toasteds likes this.
  9. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

+1 because you were a great staff member and my oldest friend on Meep :)

OBGSpikes100, Grandblue and Toasteds like this.
  10. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

Great to see you apply, Toasteds.

Although I think your application could have been a bit better, it was clear and you got to the points that you needed to get to.

Based on your previous experiences as a moderator, I would have no problem with you getting the position of Helper. You are good with handling modreqs, and you are a great and easy person to work with. In regard to your weakness; there were some times that I remember you getting angry, but it wasn't a regular thing.

I do however think that you need to work on forum activity and being helpful in /shout.

Overall, there are some things that you can work on, but you are qualified for the position.
    +.75
    Good luck :)

OBGSpikes100, MeepStats and Toasteds like this.
  11. joe_schmoe_1216

joe_schmoe_1216 Celebrity Meeper

-1 because you don't really come on meep still

Toasteds likes this.
  12. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+0

I see you on alot but never helping players in /shout

Become more active

Toasteds likes this.
  13. Flamedemond

Flamedemond Celebrity Meeper

Sorry Toasteds. I don't think you are ready to take on staff again. Recently coming back from a longggg break, that shows: 1) inactivity 2) lack of knowledge towards rules and 3) no dedication.

Sorry again :(

Torchic and Toasteds like this.
  14. Toasteds

Toasteds Popular Meeper

Not to be rude but I've been on each day that I have been back. Been playing for 5 hours a day.
    /seen Toasteds

15. joe_schmoe_1216

Seen isn't gonna tell me how long you've been on if your offline only if your online and it will reset every world you go to.

Flamedemond likes this.
  16. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

this sorta came out of nowhere

edit: I was told to make this more constructive.

You just came back from a long hiatus, what's stopping you from leaving again as soon as you get Helper? You tend to get bored with meepcraft pretty quickly. I'm undecided. Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Flamedemond likes this.
  17. joe_schmoe_1216

I didn't start it :rolleyes:

18. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

Your not on-line very often o_O

OBGSpikes100 and Toasteds like this.
  19. Candy_Master

Candy_Master The Canadian Candy

Your now online a lot more than you use to be!
    You were a great Mod on old MeepCraft and you usually all interacted with people when you were not busy. ( not sure about others but it felt that way to me, maybe because I was a resident in his exclusive town :p)
    Application might need a bit of work.
    +.75

OBGSpikes100 and Toasteds like this.
  20. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Toasteds likes this.