1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Tagswag33s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Tagswag33, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

In Game Name: Tagswag33

Skype Username: (staff msg me please)

Teamspeak Username: Tagswag33

Mic use: Yes

Timezone: EST

Hours online per weekday: 4-8

Hours online per weekend: 3-7

Position Changes: Citizen to Helper

Introduction: Greetings, all-great and powerful random Meeper, whom I probably don’t know. My name is Cade Utegg. But everyone knows me as Tagswag33. You can call me..well…whatever you like, I guess.. I’m just your regular old Meepcraft enthusiast looking to jump higher up in the food chain. Or position chain..or whatever. Anywho, let’s get down to business (to defeat the Huns)! No? Okay.

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod ? I’m a super regular player who has a lot of experience on Meepcraft. I started playing on this server last December but quit July 14th because of the “Meepcraft Reset” AKA worst day on the planet. I also have some experience in owning a server (I owned Teggcraft from late May to early August). It was pretty small, but lots of fun. Three’s a crowd, right? I logged in again October 22nd and hope to be playing as long as I can. Some things I feel are necessary to becoming a helper/mod/supermod are a two traits:

Truthfulness : In my opinion, when someone is truthful it automatically makes another person respect or look up to them more. Now I’m not saying I want people to bow down to me (not literally, you can’t really do that on here) I would like them to notice that my genuineness is…err..genuine, as I try my hardest to always tell the truth in all circumstances.

Toleration : A good leader is someone who keeps the peace, not spreads war. I feel like a good helper is one who doesn’t stir up trouble but dissolves it (Okay, this sounds a lot like chemistry class…). Again, I try my hardest to tolerate nearly everyone who crosses my path, newbies and veterans alike, cause I was once a noob myself and I know I’d like to be treated like that. If a new player logged on for the first time, messed up once, and I told them to go jump off a (pixelated) cliff, I probably wouldn’t see much of them anymore.

Weaknesses: I tend to go AFK a bit, which means someone could message me and think I’m ignoring them. I also get offended easily (I very rarely react to things, but they sometimes get to me). Also, kryptonite. But that’s not the issue..
    I honestly cant think of any more, feel free to add any weaknesses you see in my in the comments.

Conclusion: So, with that, I guess that’s the end of my application. Nothing too special, just someone who’d like to make an impact in the Meepcraft community, even if it’s a small one. I hope you consider me!And thank you for the time.

2. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

Very short app. And AFK is not a weakness...

3. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

4. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

Okay, thank you for replying.

5. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

-
    Hello, Tagswag33

-1 Reasons below:

1. I never heard of you till now.
    2. Please put real weakness
    3. The app was Below what is needed.
    4. i have only seen u help once to twice.
    5. Barely followed the format.

Some tips:
    1. Spend time helping in /shout
    2. come talk on Teamspeak! its a blast!
    3. Become part of the community
    4. Post more on Forums in Q/A, Discussion
    5. Don't post in ban appeals that you have nothing to do with.

6. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

I came on TS today, but only Diana was on. but i still enjoyed it :)

Also, when did i post in ban appeals?

7. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

just giving you some tips my friend.

8. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

Thank you. :)

9. Hillbilly19970

Hillbilly19970 Celebrity Meeper

-1 I'm afraid.
    I never really see you helping in /shout and never see you talking in /shout at all really.
    Also app was very short and lacking off information.
    Good luck tho.

10. HazTheMan99

HazTheMan99 Celebrity Meeper

+0.5
    You are active on the server, I see you /shout a lot. You mean well and you want to make a good impact on the server but I haven't seen you help that much in game

Good Luck.

11. Yokosuka12

Yokosuka12 Popular Meeper

-1 Never seen you in game. Plz be more active and help ppl. For now I don't think you can get helper, srry. You can try again in 2 weeks but if I were you i would want to wait a couple of months and get ppl to know you. That way you can have a positive impact on everyone.

12. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

+0.5 you are helpful i know that because you live in my town, but being AFK is not a weakness and app was short

Good luck though!

13. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

Thanks for the replies. if i am not accepted i will work on my next app for the next two weeks.

Dart_Knight and HazTheMan99 like this.
  14. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

We have similar timezones, so I see you a lot. But I feel even though you're active in shout, the activities you do don't seem to revolve at all around helping other players. Also, this may seem hypocritical seeming I have a small amount of posts, but maybe a little more forum activity, at least 100-150. As for everything else, most of it was stated above. Good luck!

Tagswag33 likes this.
  15. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

I don't think it was hypocritical at all, just because someone doesn't have alot of forum posts doesn't mean they aren't experienced :)

16. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

The way I personally see it; someone whodedicates themselves to the server enough to help in all ways they can are more likely to succeed as a Helper than someone who doesn't.

My opinion is that you aren't ready. I see potential, but for now I stand at a -1.

- I see you in game a lot, but you tend to be immature and I've never seen you help someone. A Helpers main job is modreqs, which in and of themselves are you constantly helping, so we'd like to see you trying to help out in all ways you currently can before you apply for Helper, not after.

- Your forums activity is pretty bad, and you don't really contribute to what you post on. I look for posts in Suggestions, Q&A, Report a Bug, and Staff Recruitment, but I only count posts that actually contribute to the topic.

- The application was short and disorganized. I suggest that if you get denied, you make sure that next time youapply, you take the time to elaborate on each part of the body of your application (the body is the Introduction, the Why section, the Weaknesses section, and the Conclusion).

- The introduction should be a basic breakdown of your own personality. What are your likes and dislikes? What are your basic personality traits, good and bad? The introduction should help the people who don't know you to get to know you and help the people who do know you to see how your opinion of your self differs from theirs. It should only subtley link to your minecraft life, if at all.

- The Why section is where you really get it down; what makes you more unique than the 10 other people who apply every single day? Why would you be better suited than them, Make sure to elaborate on each point and have at least a good 4 or 5 points.

- The Weaknesses section is to show us that you accept your Weaknesses. Only someone willing to accept their own weaknesses is willing to change them, so each time you list a weakness, elaborate not only on how it will effect your work as a Helper, but also how you are working on trying to change it so that it no longer affects you enough to affect your work as a Helper.

-The Conclusion. Keep it short and sweet; one or two sentences, maybe three at most. Sum up what you said in your application to the best of your ability and leave it at that.

Jackl01 and BooBear1227 like this.
  17. Tagswag33

Tagswag33 Popular Meeper

Thank you for this reply. this helped a lot. :)

HazTheMan99 and chaos546 like this.
  18. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Hello Tagswag33 -

Your app was okay, not the best in the bunch, but okay. I need to see something that will pop and say "Hello, look at me!" I didn't get that vibe from this application. Now, don't get me wrong, I think you do have potential, but you are just not ready yet. The staff team needs committed people who are confident and ready to stand by what you say. Your app was kind of shaky, like you did not know what you really needed to say or wanted to say.

I liked what chaos had to say, so I am going to quote her on this:

I am a -1 for now, but good luck!

Tagswag33 likes this.
  19. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

Unfortunately I've never seen you on, but I have a very unique timezone, but for what I'm seeing, people seem to see immaturity? Try it work on that.

I also haven't seen you on TeamSpeak or very active on the forums, if you improve on that I'd like to see you on staff!

Tagswag33 likes this.
  20. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

more time is needed on future applications. Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.