1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MrHolllywoot - Helper - > Mod

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MrHollywoot, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

In Game Name: MrHollywoot
    Skype Username: the********isback
    Teamspeak Username: Hollywoot
    Mic use:Yes
    Timezone:Central
    Hours online per weekday:4-6
    Hours online per weekend:4-10
    Position Changes: Helper to Mod

Introduction: MrHollywoot reporting for Duty! Applying for mod after my short stent as helper (round 2). After my recent self destruction I am trying to low crawl my way back to were I feel I belong to bring the most to the community that I can. I love you guys even if you dont love me :)

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod ?
    -Experience
    I have been staff for quite some time now (without the 6 day break). My knowledge of Hawkeye is a vast well of useful and useless information.

-Work ethic
    My background forces me to strive to complete my mission. I put everything into what I do and I always complete tasks I am given

-Forum work
    Besides maybe one admin I am the most active staff member on the forums. This may not seem so with my overall message numbers but the work behind the curtain I do with the permissions iv been granted is among the most active.

-In game work
    I place the community above my own needs. I go above and beyond on every modreq when it calls for it and always go into everything with a open mind to make sure the best thing happens for everyone

-I listen
    I took ALOT of what everyone said to heart after the recent ..events.. My helper application had a lot of people giving me stuff they did not like/stuff to work on. 90% of that stuff I felt id try to work on and I have. I will continue to try and listen to peoples criticism towards me and push to be the best mod on meepcraft.

-A natural leader
    I stand up for those who cannot. I always push that the community comes first and am willing to cross that line if I feel its needed. I have a nack for training new helpers and helping everyone regardless of rank.

Weaknesses:
    - Family
    With the holidays coming up I will have to place my family first when it comes to my free time. I know I will be taking a few days off coming up with the holidays due to travel ect.
    - Seem Harsh to others
    Most recently another staff member Oroperion and me got into it. My intentions were only to help but he took what I said as offensive and as a attack. However after a long private conversation between us I feel he understands me and I understand him. I think we are friends at this point.

This tends to happen about once a month. Some people dont understand how blunt and forward I am and take it as a attack on them. My heart is always in the right place and I only want the best for everyone but you can see how this can come off as a bad thing.

- Big head
    I act a bit arrogant sometimes and everyone knows it even myself. Its my way of being my own cheerleader and keeping my self positive but I do look like a fool sometimes doing it.

Conclusion:
    I love this community. No mater who you are or what history we have I stand up for you when the time comes. My recent resignation was a complete mistake and I just want to get back were I was. The position of helper is great but the tools that I need and am used to start at the Mod level. The amount of work I do that requires a mod+ to close out the transaction is pretty large. That being said this will clear up time for other staff members and more overall will get done.

- Hollywoot

(Deinen for admin)

2. Nman830

Nman830 Celebrity Meeper

+0
    Why would you resign and then get Helper back?
    I don't think you need Mod back.

3. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

+0.5 i REALLLY liked you as mod, but as Nman said you just resigned a couple weeks ago and how you want it back? But still you were an awesome mod.

4. MrHollywoot

I'm sorry I resigned for that week was not something I wanted

evanthon123 and Nman830 like this.
  5. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

+1.

Having a hot head myself, I can relate with having a tendency to have quick, irrational decisions. I can tell that you have worked to improve yourself from this standpoint.

You are an excellent staff member, and even though we had our differences in the past, we've resolved them. You have a history of a consistently good track record of assisting players, and you do have a maturity level required to be a moderator.

Another thing I really like about you is that you know what your weaknesses are, and you know what you need to do to improve upon them. The only other weakness I would have to say is that you can be a bit fast to ban, but I suppose it's better to be doing that then to not be doing your job at all.

Great guy, knows what he's doing, and has shown the ability to moderate at a very high level.

6. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

you still would be an awesome mod :D

7. bideawee

bideawee Active Meeper

Excuse me if I sound stupid, but why did you quit for 6 days?

Flamedemond likes this.
  8. MrHollywoot

Internal staff issues that were resolved after my resigning.

9. bideawee

bideawee Active Meeper

OK. I think you are good helper and I believe that you will do fine as a mod.
    +pi

10. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Good Application
    Helpful
    Good activity

+allofthenumbers

11. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

I wish you acted more professional. Most of your forum posts look like a six year old wrote them. +0

evanthon123 and XxNine_TailsxX like this.
  12. LukenDan

LukenDan Celebrity Meeper

Ehhh, you yell at me a lot, but that doesn't make you bad staff... However, I think you should wait a bit for mod...

+o.25

13. MrHollywoot

Wait? based on what exactly im not sure what you meen. i was already mod for a few months already

evanthon123 likes this.
  14. LukenDan

LukenDan Celebrity Meeper

ik, but from what I heard you just became helper again, if that is not correct, then +1

15. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

+1, because fam has to stick together and this guy is cool beans.

16. MrHollywoot

a helper must be that rank for 7 days before apply for mod :)

edit: my previous helper time was 7 days also (before accepted for interview anyways)

17. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Because i thought you were a great mod, and i think you know what your doing ;)
    Family > Meepcraft any day :)

MrHollywoot likes this.
  18. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1 great helper

19. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

+0

I don't trust you. I don't like you. I don't agree with your actions, but you seem to be doing some things right. Everyone else is +1'ing this so I guess you must be a good Helper.

Good luck.

20. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Clever guy,
    Active In game, on TS.
    Le expririence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.