1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Application for employment

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Jwarian, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: Jwarian
    Skype Username: Jwarian
    Teamspeak Username: Jwarian
    Mic use: I think it worked.
    Timezone:
    EST however I play mostly between 12am and 5 am EST and afternoons.
    Hours online per weekday:
    M-W 6hrs+ per day TF some late night but varies.
    Hours online per weekend:
    2+ per day at least.
    Position Changes:
    Citizen to Helper

Introduction:
    Hai!
    If you don't know me send me a message and you can change that!

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod ?
    Been here for just shy of a year, planning on staying(supposing the admins don't grief me), genuinely want to help the community, and I think am capable enough to excel at it.

Weaknesses:
    I am 27 and live on my own, therefore I have some commitments that supersede those of meep, i.e. a job. I also sometimes have strong urges to kick people for making me mad, I think I can contain it.
    And by now you've seen how lame my humor is.

Conclusion:
    I feel I have a good knowledge of minecraft and the public workings of meepcraft, but I can't stand here and tell you if I am any better than the next applicant, for that I do not know, however I can say that I firmly believe that if I am to keep playing meep I SHOULD be helping out more and that I WILL be an asset.

Feel free to express yourself, in the very least I will benefit from hearing other's opinions.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    Zack_Dupree and BooBear1227 like this.
  2. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

I really can't think of much to say, but...

• Your application is rather short.
    • Your 'why' does not explain why you'll excel at being a helper, and why you should be chosen.
    • I don't see you in shout much.
    • You don't post on the forums much.

However...

• You're active.
    • You're mature from what I've seen.
    +/- 0, for the above reasons.

3. TrisDa

TrisDa Popular Meeper

+1 Im not sure if you would be a good helper or not but hey if you turn out be a bad helper they can always demote you. good luck.

4. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

hmm +0.5 app was short, but you are active

5. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

You're active in-game, and mature from my personal experience.

However, this application was lacking. I felt as if there was little effort put towards it. Before you become helper I think you should expand your horizons a bit and communicate with people in places other than in game. Post more often on the forums and come on TS more often.

Also, regarding your application, by following this checklist you totally could have made your app longer and more informative.
    http://meepcraft.com/threads/compulsory-application-format-tips.507/

Overall, -.5
    I don't feel as if you are quite ready, even though you have maturity and good activity.

6. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

I am a -0.75 because your application was very short. I have never really seen you on teamspeak and you forum activity is bad. Try and post more in the Q/A section and get your forum activity up. Also, read the thread lex has posted above me as it is very helpful when you are applying. The only thing that is good is your in game activity. You are helpful and active in game. I see a lot of potential in you but for now -0.75.

7. Qc_Diamond

Qc_Diamond Well-Known Meeper

The application do not need to be long, must be what you are.

8. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

+1

9. Lespauls19

Lespauls19 Popular Meeper

The app was very short and needs more content.
    However in game I've seen nothing but maturity, activity, and good experiences.
    +0

10. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I wouldn't say I didn't put effort into this, I just hate bragging/talking about myself.
    I feel explaining that I genuinely care and that I will be of help says it all, I mean all the obvious things like maturity, knowing how to type, and possessing the ability to learn were a given considering this is a staff application.
    Right?
    Thanks for the input thus far!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  11. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

12. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Well in all honesty I feel that you would make an average helper. +1 for seeing you ingame but -1 for having an extremely short application.

13. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

As I just spent the last 20 seconds reading this app, two things came to mind.
    1. someone hacked your account and a 9 year old wrote this app.
    2. The real Jwarian was abducted by aliens and is being held hostage.
    I am hoping it's # 1, but if it is # 2 good luck.
    If it was # 1 and your little sister or brother made this application, I hope to see a new one by tonight!
    I have dealt with you many times in game and on TS, I met the real Jwarian and he would only have written this bad of an application if he in the back of his mind wanted it to be declined....... again I am hoping # 1

14. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

This. Your "why" is ONE sentence. This application shows total laziness and a lack of effort. Also, allow me to quote yet another post.

This is written out under the Compulsory Application Format & Tips thread.

All your "why" tells us is that you want to help the community. Obviously you wish to help the community, but you don't explain why we should choose YOU over Average Joe.

Based on the apparent laziness of this application, I am hesitant to see you made a staff member. Therefore, -1.

If you are not accepted this time, take some extra time to write out a fully detailed application next time. The whole point of an application is to brag about yourself, not downplay yourself.

the_sexy_ninja and FluffbearRCT like this.
  15. Kabixi

Kabixi Popular Meeper

I'm sure you'd make a great staff member but I've seen better applications turned down.... then again I've seen worse ones accepted. We'll see what happens! Good luck!

BooBear1227 likes this.
  16. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I was thoroughly confident that if I had done that, you would be here saying I have no basis for my claims and that my bragging rights were unfounded, because you have done it in chat. Perhaps I was mistaken.

However, I will certainly take your advice into consideration, and for that and your time, I thank you.

If you would like me to entertain the idea of arrogance I will comply this time.

Why should I be helper?
    I am much more intelligent than the average applicant.
    I have much more experience than the average applicant.
    I have invested much more time and money than the average applicant.
    I actually possess the ability to respect the chain of command even now.
    I don't make a habit of defaming my peers or my superiors.
    I am twice the age of a good portion of the citizens and staff here, meaning in many situations I would act more maturely, and logically than the person next to me, it also makes me a faster/more inventive problem solver in most situations.
    I also possess something called humility and modesty, characteristics which you may seem as negatives can actually be more of a positive than say, arrogance and stubbornness. However I have seen all four of those qualities in many staff members so who knows.

I do not like saying those things but they have all been said to me at some point on meep by one person or another, so for the sake of your entertainment I offer them up.
    In the end my modesty keeps me improving myself and it keeps me from becoming complacent, it is because of that I refuse to accept any of those statements as facts, for when I do that I become the enemy.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  17. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I just got teamspeak yesterday at the request of DianaB72 so I do not see how you could have dealt with me on TS.
    Glad you gave me good advice on how to improve myself.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    UMADBRO?, Cascade1324 and BooBear1227 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.