1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MrHollywoot Staff App.

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MrHollywoot, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

In Game Name: MrHollywoot
    Skype Username: the**********isback
    Teamspeak Username: Hollwoot
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: Central
    Hours online per weekday: 4-6
    Hours online per weekend: 5-10
    Position Changes: (ex. Citizen to Helper, Helper to Mod, Mod to SuperMod)

Introduction:
    Salutations Meepers after a recent chain of events and a few private conversations the decision has been made for me to re apply for staff.
    This decision was not a hard one for me to make, I love this server and the community and dedicate more time to meepcraft then I care to admit. Its a passion, a love, a thing I cannot let go of.

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod ?
    With my previous experience as staff I already know all the tools/requirments that come with jobs. I have a complete understanding of the rules and how to deal with the many different situations we come across daily.

I was a natural leader for all the mods setting the standards for them and pushing other staff members in the right Direction. I have a 8 years experience teaching others and training them on the best way to do things.

I hold the highest standards of the rules and enforce them as they should be. I also have the ability to take common sense into factor.

I speak out for those who need to be spoken for and I always try to keep a open mind when making decisions. No one is above others and I know that I am nothing without the rest of the team.

Weaknesses:
    Biggest weakness that people seem to hate - Grammar and Spelling (VKL&Nager shout out). Unfortunately this is not something I can change no mater how hard you may want me to try. I don't need to explain why if you know me well enough you know why.

I stand up to people and sometimes go to far. If someone does something wrong I let them know...they disagree I let them know...the weakness part of this is TACT and I don't always use it.

At times I have issues with people younger then me and less experienced telling me what to do.

Conclusion:

My resignation last week was a mistake. My time on Meepstaff helped me find some great friends and I love helping the community. Love me or hate me you can't hate the work I do as staff. I'm Fair and ruthless against rule breakers. I ALWAYS put the Server first in my decisions and the community that supports it.

I humbly hope you can forgive me for my resignation and support me in becoming staff again.

Lady_Hestia and iOblivion like this.
  2. iOblivion

iOblivion Popular Meeper

Yay +1 for obvious reasons
    YAY HOPE YOU MAKE IT

MrHollywoot likes this.
  3. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

At first, when you first were staff, I was like, man, this guys a jerk.

But, as I got to know you, you're one of the greatest people I have ever met with amazing insights on things and wonderful ideas. +1

4. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

You banned multiple people(including me) with little to no proof.
    You were very disrespectful and acted like you were superior to all of the younger players.

Lilliya and Flamedemond like this.
  5. MrHollywoot

Ninetails out of all the bans i processed i had 1 over turned on a ban appeal not for lack of evidence but for a different reason.

6. Saiakaley

Saiakaley Well-Known Meeper

Um no.
    He did have full evidence except for one ban.
    But in all seriousness you may of been the worst member of staff in all of meepcraft history including CG.
    :)
    -Nice to talk too
    -Funny
    -Incredibly helpful
    -Move him right to admin
    -Better than everyone else
    -Extremely kind
    +1

MrHollywoot likes this.
  7. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

-1 on these grounds:

1. You literally just resigned. What's to say that you won't get accepted and just resign again in a few weeks?

2. You seem quick to ban people without following procedures sometimes. Obviously you know which incident I'm talking about in particular.

^This scares me about you being staff again.

+1 on these grounds:

1. You are experienced.

2. You seem to be dedicated to the server.

3. You say that you regret resigning, and I believe you do. Again, it just makes me nervous that you're coming back within a week of resigning, and resigning with what appear to be some very strong feelings.

Overall: +0. I believe you have the ability to moderate, but I cannot stand by here and honestly say you should be staff again without your resignation popping into mind.

8. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

This is exactly what I was gonna say, except I was going to say -1 or -.5 because of his extremely recent resignation.

9. Saiakaley

Um wouldnt resigning then wanting to come back show deidcation and that it was a mistake to resign?

10. MrHollywoot

Oroperion I am very interested in changing your mind about me...

+ Respect on that feedback

Yes I just resigned there was a few reasons why and some of those have been resolved.

I do not however quit things for no reason... If you ask around staff you will see my resignation was...yes a bad move but also something I stated to people clearly "if this continues I'm done"

The quote you posted...At some point i'm sure you have gotten upset by someone who is vastly less experienced then you telling you how the world works and how things are. When you KNOW for a fact how they are wrong and they refuse to have a open mindset to comprehend what your trying to say. That is were the issue comes in for me.

My quick to ban...I never make up rules but rather enforce what the people above say to enforce..the instance your speaking of - The day prior there was some things that went down and alot of people got very upset and started saying some things along of what you said (even if your comments were not ment the way you said them). Those people were banned for a much longer time frame then 1h. Please look past that action and know I was doing it more as a deterance from the storm starting again then a shot at you at all.

Once again I have no previous experiences with you and after speaking with Diana she explained it to me. I wont apologize for the ban but I will say I may have done it to quickly not knowing the context.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  11. MrHollywoot

Chaos im not sure you went into my whole app before you commented I stated in the last part it was a mistake.
    Its not always about the bad choices people make but how they realize they made them and the effort that they want to fix them.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  12. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Resigning exactly a week ago and then reapplying just shows me that he makes serious mistakes.

I'm sorry, I just think its a little to soon after his resignation. Whos to say he's not gonna just resign again?

EDIT: At least tell me this; seriously, if you care so much about being on the server, why resign in the first place?

EDIT: Because you cannot really tell me why, I stand at a -1. People who resign on a whim should not reapply a week later. Just waiting a little longer wouldve gotten you a better reaction.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  13. Saiakaley

Mrhollywoot.

MrHollywoot likes this.
  14. MrHollywoot

Accountability of peoples actions.

The details behind that are private among staff and cannot be discussed

15. Flamedemond

Flamedemond Celebrity Meeper

You are a very bad staff. As a player, you are nice and fun, but as staff, you are like the new cg (crueltygaming). You are very mean and treat people horribly (especially me and Xxine_tailsxX) and on top of all that, with a ban, most of the time you have little to no proof (as Xxnine_tailsxX mentioned) and they end up getting unbanned but it isn't fair that you being a bad staff, they have to suffer with a ban and appeal and have the appeal only read after 1-3 days then wait another week for a decision and by then, they are already unbanned and you decide to say "unbanned" on the thread. As well as the fact that you completely raged and resigned proves that you cannot control you anger (another example: you called me an asshat in game when you were a mod. Something a mod should not call players on a server that is supposed to be a good community *cough cough* MrHollywoot *cough cough*) and you should not be re-promoted even if you made a mistake. That mistake costed you your staff rank. If you were actually more serious about staff, you wouldn't have resigned due to rage. Also, when I asked you about it, you said "im happy not to be staff. its such a headache... xD". If you don't enjoy it, you shouldn't reapply.

I honestly don't see you doing well as a staff. Keep in mind, I am not trying to be mean. Just giving you feedback so that if you do become staff (which you probably will), you will have a good insight of what to do or improve on.

Remember, we are still friends, I just don't think you are a good staff, but you are a very nice person when you are just playing the game. ;)

16. MrHollywoot

"im happy not to be staff. its such a headache... xD" - quoted by flamedemond

Flamedemond I NEVER had this conversation with you...Not sure if your confusing me with someone else but just no...

Glad were still friends tho :) <--no sarcasm

Flamedemond likes this.
  17. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

People who apply and resign and apply less than a week after they resign have no sense of planning, don't understand what they are doing and are probably bad with decisions (these all fit you). You resigned because, and I quote:

This "child" is still in staff, just so you know.

Maybe you addressed this in the app, I don't know. I don't even need to read it to know that you will say whatever you need to say to get what you want. You're the same person you've always been. The application was very lackluster, at least your grammar has improved. I don't think you are very great at staff because you publicly boast about your demotion requests, which is not great PR skills.

And you're a liar.

18. MrHollywoot

DC Due to your lack of in game activity ill chalk that up to being out of current events.

However - Lack of planning? Excuse me but no.

Dont understand what im doing - I can proudly say that my knowledge base on meepcraft/staff is top notch and my reputation within the staff speaks for that.

Bad with decisions - I stood true to what I thought and said, this was not a snap decision. You of all people know things add up.

more often sooner rather than later a lack of a decision is a bad decision. I made mine and however I was not wrong for the reasons I did it. The only negative is that I was not ready to leave staff and its not something I wanted.

Granted there was other ways to go around what happened but due to things said and the responses I received when I questioned them at the time it seemed incorrect. (later resolved by onis)

The rest of your post actually ...painful to read im not sure why you said some of those things or why you think them.

Finally - I do not lie. No lie is worth it. i'm honest and to the point with everything. I dont dance around what I have to say or the questions people ask me. 7 Values I follow in life - one of which is Honesty. Your the first person in almost a decade i can recall that called me a Liar.

Edit: DC I do respect you and what you have to say I just dont know... 90% of your app was offensive to me and that sucks man. Everyone else who has left negative comments are common people who disagree with me..this is the first negative thing you have ever said to me/about me publicly ...you could of spoken to me about some of these issues while i was staff not after the fact.

19. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

In game activity isn't necessary to understand what's going on.

Not the best way to defend yourself.

You actually defended yourself very well here.

> you say you are done with a person
    > you run back to them

Your either a liar or cannot make up their mind. I'm sorry if you find this offensive but it's how I see you and your actions.[/quote]

20. shains

shains never stop fighting

+1

You always put your staff work first and you did everything thoroughly and you worked hard. I'd love to see you back as staff. There's definitely something missing without you.

MrHollywoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.